Dr Cavusoglu currently serves as an M3 Center Visiting Assistant Professor in the College of Hospitality and Tourism Leadership at the University of South Florida. He has more than five years of hospitality industry experience. He has been serving as the Director of International Conferences for the Association of North America Higher Education International (ANAHEI). In this role, he is responsible for producing conferences all around the world. To this date, he has organized 16 international conferences. He also has a different level of experiences in various hospitality and tourism companies. He taught courses such as Hospitality Information Systems, Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism, and International Food and Culture.
- HFT 3003 Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism
- HFT 3423 Hospitality Information Systems
- HFT 3894 International Food & Culture
- HFT 4757 Event Management
- HFT 4930 Business Communications
- Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism
- Introduction to Research
- Cengiz, E., Cengiz, F., Cavusoglu, M., & Cobanoglu, C. (2019). Managerial perceptions of cost system obsolescence and factors that might affect it: A case study in the Turkish hotel industry. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 31(7), 2884-2913. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-01-2018-0099 (SSCI & Scopus Indexed)
- Wu, H., Chen, J., Cavusoglu, M., & Cobanoglu, C. (2019). The Impacts of merchant photos on consumers’ purchase probability on P2P short-term rental platform: Based on the mediated effect of initial trust. Advances in Hospitality and Tourism Research, 7(1), 137-158. https://doi.org/10.30519/ahtr.453268 (ESCI & Scopus Indexed)
- Cavusoglu, M. (2018). An analysis of technology applications in the restaurant industry. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology, 10(1), 45-72. https://doi.org/10.1108/JHTT-12-2017-0141 (ESCI & Scopus Indexed)
You can find my dissertation and thesis below:
- Cavusoglu, M. (2019). Online and self-directed learning readiness among hospitality and tourism college students and industry professionals (Doctoral dissertation). Available from ProQuest Dissertations and Thesis database. (UMI No. 13805377)
- Cavusoglu, M. (2015). An analysis of technology applications in the restaurant industry (Master’s thesis). Retrieved from http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/etd/5456/
International Director of Conferences and Events
In my current position, as an International Director of Conferences and Events at the Association of North America Higher Education International (ANAHEI), I am:
- Promoting the conferences and events internationally
- Helping the academics from all around to world to attend the ANAHEI conferences and events
- Working with appropriate individuals to develop and monitor timelines and deadlines related to all aspects of events
- Developing and monitoring budgets to ensure revenue and expenses are kept within established boundaries
- Making decisions on purchasing conference and event materials
- Reviewing financial information for accuracies, such as invoices for services and materials
In this role, I organized the following conferences:
- 2nd Global Conference on Business and Economics (GLOBE 2019), September 30-October 3, 2019, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 3rd Global Conference on Education and Research (GLOCER 2019), May 21-24, 2019, Sarasota, Florida, USA
- Global Conference on Business, Hospitality and Tourism Research (GLOSEARCH 2018), October 2-5, 2018, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- 1st Global Conference on Business and Economics (GLOBE 2018), June 4-8, 2018, Sarasota, Florida, USA.
- 2nd Global Conference on Education and Research (GLOCER 2018), April 17-20, 2018, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
Dining Room Manager
As a Dining Room Manager at the Le Piment Rouge, I was:
- Managing the dining room services
- Facilitating communication between the dining room and the kitchen
- Dealing with customer complaints about food and service
- Taking reservations and plans dining room layout to accommodate predicted numbers of guests
- Preparing the daily reports and informed the accounting department
- Managing inventory of all dining room products
I am currently serving as an Associate Editor for:
I am also serving as an Editorial Assistant for the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology (ESCI, Scopus).
I have been serving as a Reviewer for several journals including:
- International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (SSCI & Scopus Indexed)
- Tourism Review (SSCI & Scopus Indexed)
- Advances in Hospitality and Tourism Research (ESCI & Scopus Indexed)
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Cases
- Tourism and Hospitality Management an International Scientific Journal
My previous services included:
- Editorial Assistant, Journal of Global Education and Research (JGER), May 2017- October 2019.
- Publishing Design Assistant, Journal of Global Education and Research (JGER), May 2017-October 2019.
- Editorial Assistant, Journal of Global Business Insights (JGBI), September 2015- September 2019.
- Publishing Design Assistant, Journal of Global Business Insights (JGBI), September 2015-September 2019.
- Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction With an Emphasis in Adult Education
College of Education
University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Dissertation Focus: Hospitality and Tourism Education
- MS in Hospitality Management
College of Hospitality & Technology Leadership
University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, Sarasota, FL, USA
Thesis Focus: Restaurant Technologies
- BS in Tourism and Hotel Management
School of Applied Technology and Management
Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- BA in Public Administration
Anadolu University, Eskisehir, Turkey
- Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE)
- Certification in Hotel Industry Foundations and Introduction to Analytics (HIFIA)
- High School Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Vocational High School, Trabzon, Turkey